Movement classes are a beautiful opportunity to dive deeper into movement and dance as a meditation practice, as well as to connect with a sweet community of people...and it's just plain fun! The classes are not to "teach" you anything, but to point you in the direction of inquiring into your body's own wisdom and let your dance unwind organically from there.
In every class or workshop, there is always a wide range of experience -- from first-timers to certified addicts. In any given class, the teacher will be following the energy in the room.
You are different every time you walk into the room, so is the group and so is your teacher. Therefore, each class holds completely varied possibilities.
"Dance is the hidden language of the soul."
~ Martha Graham ~
How do I start?
- Go at your own pace. Even the smallest movement can bring insight and healing.
- Be responsible for your own body (stay aware of injuries and limitations).
- Keep your eyes open to stay aware of others.
- Dance barefoot or in dance shoes only – no socks on the dance floor please (for safety reasons).
- Move how you feel and stay open to changing.
- Know that everything that is alive has a dance, and your only task is to find and express yours.
- Enjoy yourself!
Contact info ~ Phone 415.755.7905 ~ or ~ Send an email